Button, Button

Button, Button
Who's Got the Button

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 9, 1935 My Mother's Birthday


Mom and Dad
 My mother Marlene Vincent would have turned 76 years old today. Happy Birthday Mom, there is not a day that goes by that I do not think of you. Although I am surrounded by the wonderful things you gave me, it's not the same as seeing you everyday and hearing your voice. I miss your laugh, but I saved many of your messages on my answering machine and find it comforting to be able to hear your voice. I miss your dark brown eyes, they showed your happiness as well as your pain. I miss holding your hand next to mine and seeing how they looked exactly the same. I enjoyed cleaning and doing your laundry because I knew how much it meant to you as you grew sick and could not do it on your own. You used to say to me; "Your a good cleaner, Grandma would be proud of you."I miss your cooking, I don't think I could ever duplicate your barbecue ribs, sauerkraut, pork chops or liver with onions and home made vegetable soup. You were a good mother, you did your best to raise all five of your children and protect us from harm. We each have strong family values, a strong work ethic and caregivers to anyone in need. I know that you are proud of all our accomplishments. I hope you have a big birthday cake in heaven and Dad is helping you blow out your candles.
Happy Birthday Mom, I love you!
Mom (second on the left)

My favorite picture of our family





1984
Mothers Day 2007

1 comment: