Button, Button

Button, Button
Who's Got the Button

Monday, October 18, 2010

Growing Up On A Lake


My Life
I grew up in a small house on a lake. We were blessed to be able to swim, fish, skate and slide down the hills on our sleds. The changing of each season was breathtaking, and there was always something to do outside, even chores.  Dinner was at 5:00 when Dad came home from work, and you better be at the table with your hands washed or you were grounded. My parents were not rich, my mom was a stay at home housewife, my father a constuction worker. We were not raised on materialistic things. My dad used to say "there is nothing easy or free in life, you have to earn it through hard work."  I have two brothers and two sisters, and I have a identical twin. My sister Pam was my best friend growing up, and I always had someone to play with. My sister Sandy took care of all of us when my mom was sick. She has always been their for our family, and taken care of others before herself. She is a true caregiver. I left my brothers for last, because they put us in the hockey nets with our figure skates on and took shots at us. They brought the tomboy out in us. I lost my dad 11 years ago, and my mom just 2 years ago. It has been a life altering change to have just memories now, and not be able to call them or see them. We all habor things in our past with family and siblings. Now, all I have left are my siblings. It's time to heal, and move forward in the second half of my life. Life is really too short, and very precious to waste on past events.

No comments:

Post a Comment