Button, Button

Button, Button
Who's Got the Button

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Baby It's Cold Outside 2019

Baby it's cold outside in the State of Minnesota and the best time to be indoors to challenge yourself with new crafting ideas. I took that very challenge and created personalized vintage button creations for my family and friends for Christmas.
I really wanted to get back into painting on canvas and was very pleased with the outcome of the combination of canvas and buttons.
Ardyn's Owl
Ardyn is the daughter of a friend. She was born with Bosch Boonstra Schaaf Syndrome a long name for NR2F1 gene mutation. Ardyn loves the sounds of animals and the owl is one of her favorites. This was my first animal creation, it was very challenging and took many hours to create. I thought the scrabble tiles really added the personal touch.

Baby Alice
Alice, was born premature and spent 1 month in the NIC Unit. Alice pulled through and is a true gift from God. In honor of Alice's first Valentines Day, I created this piece for her to enjoy for many years to come.

Creating the "Winter Chicken" was the largest canvas of my button career to date. Gail Steindorf loved her gift as she is the creator and artist  of "Fricken Chickens".
Gail Steindorf

Winter Chicken in Minnesota
My recent creation for my sister's cat Annie that passed away, moved me the most. Annie had been with Pam for 17 years and had to be put to sleep. Feeling my twin sisters pain, I wanted to create a lasting memory of Annie for Pam. I tested my painting skills on canvas and used a side profile of Annie and made sure that all of her colors matched. I am pleased with the outcome of my new personalized button adventure. 
RIP Annie




No comments:

Post a Comment